NEW International Booking Checklist (This process relates to COVID19)
All normal Visa and Passport checks must also be completed.
✔️Approval to depart Australia obtained for all Australian citizens or permanent residents via Australian Government Department of Home Affairs
The conditions that an Australian citizen or permanent resident can apply for an exemption to travel overseas in the next three (3) months are:
- People whose travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
- People whose travel is essential for the conduct of critical industries and business (including export/import industries)
- People who are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia.
- People who are travelling on urgent and unavoidable personal business.
- On compassionate or humanitarian grounds.
- Where the travel is in the national interest.
✔️All entry requirements confirmed and met for the destination country
These can be found on official Government websites. You can find links to these under the Travel section of each country’s page on Smartraveller.gov.au. The IATA website is also an excellent resource for checking entry requirements.
✔️All transit requirements checked for all cities on the ticket
This can be done on either Smartraveller.gov.au or the Government websites linked under the Travel section of each country’s page on Smartraveller. The IATA website is also an excellent resource for checking entry requirements for transit points.
✔️All airline specific travel requirements explained to the customer for all airlines on the ticket
Airlines may require passengers to reconfirm travel or supply their own mask and gloves. This information along with updated seating plans can be found on their website.
✔️All checks completed for all passengers travelling
✔️Terms and conditions including airline/supplier fees/TP agent fees etc are provided, agreed and signed by customer.
Source: Travel Partners